BBC News: UK chipmaker reveals Raspberry Pi rival

Rob Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Thu Dec 4 11:28:36 CST 2014

Interesting that article doesn't mention the little computer I've been
using for a while: the ODROID U3.  I can't remember if I've mentioned
it here before.

Basically, it's $65, has fewer GPIO pins than the Pi (still enough to
do i2c/spi etc), 4x the cores, clocked at over twice the speed, and 4x
the RAM.  Also, you don't have to share one HSIC (USB nexus) for the
whole machine - in fact, the ethernet has one that is dedicated solely
to it.  Not a bad deal for the price.

http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G138745696275

If you feel like buying one, there's a place in the US that charges a
little more for the hardware but saves you bigtime on the shipping
(priority mail from California is much cheaper than package courier
shipping from Korea).  http://ameridroid.com

-r