ceiling effect

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Tue Jan 27 17:57:44 CST 2015

Hi Alex

Yeah, I've had that problem too. Instead of cutting the throttle, try asking it to pitch or roll as you gently reduce lift. Breaking the "seal" on one side only usually gets mine to separate without plummeting to earth. Of course, then you have to compensate for wherever it decides to head off!

Flying mine into a roughened, 'Artex' ceiling killed one of the motors - punched the axle plum through the motor base. Flying the critters sure ain't as easy as the videos make it look!

Phil M1GWZ