two quad copter test

Alex Fraser beatnic at comcast.net
Sun Feb 1 12:16:42 CST 2015

Hey Guys,

After reading email replies on this list about the chip sets on higher
end 2.4 GHz RC equipment I thought I'd see if my cheapo $16 quad-copter
also might use IIRC things called "Gold Codes".
Anyhow I cut and pasted this from my Facebook page to save typing it all
out again.

I was able to try something with my new quad-copter which I've been
wondering about. They are radio controlled, so can you fly two at the
same time and not have them interferer with each other? Well yes you
can! I turned on the first one, then it's transmitter (the controller)
and went through the handshake arming procedure. That is turn on
quad-copter, its LEDs start blinking, then turn on controller, throttle
it all the way back, the controller goes beep beep and the LEDs on the
quad-copter blink different, then throttle to max and it does a long
beep. Then you pull the throttle back all the way and the lights on the
quad go steady on. You are now ready to fly and when you push the
throttle forward the props will spin and if you do it too quick the
little beast will slam into the ceiling before you know what's what.
Anyway I did the same arming on the second quad-copter and it reacted as
if the first quad wasn't around at all, no interference at all. I tried
flying them both at once, but ran out of fingers to control them real
quick, you need both hands to fly each one. This means two people can
race them, formation fly or even do combat with each other. A whole
bunch of them would sound like a swarm of bees!

--
        No electrons were harmed in the creation of this message