FW: Samsung's warning: Our Smart TVs record your living room chatter - CNET

Rob Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Wed Feb 11 17:38:27 CST 2015

kf4hcw <kf4hcw at lifeatwarp9.com> writes:

> On 2015-02-11 15:47, Richard O'Neill wrote:
>> Thoughts?   Anyone?
>
> Net neutrality is crucial, and the FCC's latest seems to indicate they
> have half a clue.

Fractionally less than half a clue, unfortunately.  Pandering to the
great unwashed masses who talk about fast lanes and slow lanes, and
failing to address any of the real issues.

> You do not want the likes of Verizon and Comcast charging extra based on
> their profit motive, and you do want more competition.

Agreed 100%.  Please show how any of the proposed regulations
accomplish either.

Disclaimer for anyone who doesn't already know, I work for a cable tv
company which is not quite as big as Comcast...  you're probably not
surprised to hear that I don't exactly toe the party line.  :)

-r