Friday, 13 February 2015 is World Radio Day.

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 12 15:32:21 CST 2015

From: http://theradioboard.com/rb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6098

World Radio Day marks the anniversary of the first broadcast by UN Radio
<http://www.itu.int/en/wrd15/Pages/default.aspx> in 1946, when it
transmitted its first call sign: "This is the United Nations calling the
peoples of the world."

World Radio Day is about celebrating radio, why we love it and why we
need it today more than ever. A day to remember the unique power of
radio to touch lives and bring people together across every corner of
the globe. Join the celebration <http://www.diamundialradio.org/?q=en>!

Let's face it: If you're reading this, you need radio. It's Friday the
13th, but it doesn't have to be unlucky. Do something special with/to
your radio(s) on Friday!