Vandalism in Arizona Shut Down Internet, Cellphone, Telephone Service Across State | Washington Free Beacon

Rob Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Sun Mar 1 17:01:01 CST 2015

Louis Mamakos <louie at transsys.com> writes:

> We had an Internet POP in telco colocation in Miami.  We were
> advised to NEVER be there after dark, and to make sure we called the
> NOC when we entered the building to work on our equipment.  The That
> site was in a bad part of town near the railroad tracks and the
> fiber right-of-way.  The company policy of not having firearms at
> the workplace was "relaxed" at this site.

Every time I've gone to a certain colo facility in Miami I've been
armed.  They have a no firearms policy inside the facility, but the
guards at the front desk don't blink when you ask to check your Glock,
and in fact their reaction is confirmation of the wisdom (and
prevalence) of carrying a piece in that part of town.

-r