ARRL teaches hams to tell time...

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 8 15:23:58 CDT 2015

On 3/8/2015 3:47 PM, Tom Azlin W7SUA wrote:
> At least here in AZ there is no daylight savings time.

  Ah, if only it were so for the rest of the country. At least we'd know
what time it really is without mental pause. In the sixties, after
'Johnson Time' became the law of the land, a lot of people were upset at
the prospect, even worried that their flowers and gardens couldn't take
an extra hour of heat. Also, no one really knew anymore when to come
inside for supper? Something was sorely amiss in the land and it's been
that way ever since.

  Prior to national bias time, darkness use to descend in time for
people to actually enjoy the cool refreshing breezes of evening for a
few hours before sleep. Now, thanks to a floating standard of dubious
value, long gone are the days of drive-in theaters and Summer evening
social activities that had previously begun at a reasonable hour. I miss
the good old days. Sniff. :'(

Richard