low bands

Nan and Sandy Sanders radiodog77 at pobox.com
Wed Apr 29 15:38:49 CDT 2015

I wonder just how many will be able to get on these bands with the
proposed restrictions. The proposed rules from page 252 of the pdf file.
"Amateur stations are restricted to use at permanent fixed locations. The
transmitting antenna of amateur fixed stations must be located at a
horizontal distance of least [separation
distance] km ([separation distance] mile) from any electric power
transmission line. Electric power
transmission lines do not include those electric lines which connect
the distribution substation to the
customer or house wiring."
Footnote 57 on page 12 has the ARRL suggesting 1Km separation. If a
transmission line is any thing up stream of a substation then I am
0.55 Km from a transmission line and unable to use these bands. The
interesting thing is that the only way I know the line is this close is
I remember when it was built in the early 1960's. The only places it
is visible from a public street are more than1Km away.
      Sandy
     WB5MMB