WB4APR's talk followup

Dave Skolnick dskolnick at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 17:29:16 CDT 2015

> From: Rob Seastrom <rs at ... <rs at seastrom.com>>
>
> Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> writes:
>
> > That is, that AMRAD is a group of DIY guys and on the one hand, DIY
> > solar is nearly impossible to make cost effective because you must
> > be grid-tied to get the economic benefit, and you must have licensed
> > contractors to do the work to get the NET meter from the utility.
>
> Hi Bob,
>
> Do you have any specific information that your "licensed contractor"
> assertion is true in Virginia?  I'm a Dominion Power customer and
> could find nothing in their Blue Book [1] to this effect, nor in their
> tariff addendum for net metering [2].

I can say for sure that at least in 2004 it was not true in Virginia. I
pulled permits for electrical and gas, did all the work myself, got it
inspected, and had gas hookup completed by the gas company. Done.

I've been in MD since 2006 and while I can't speak to Bob's assertion it
would not surprise me in the nanny state that is MD. *sigh*

73 es sail fast de dave KO4MI