4K Ultra HD

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 25 09:39:15 CDT 2015

tacoistas,

I have always thought of the monitor as being a view into the computer.
With better resolution you get a better view, depending of course on the
software and how it provides this view.  This goes back to the fractals
and their display of them, at least in my mind.

Always on the prowl for bigger and better I see that Microcenter has run
a sale on a 55 inch Ultra HD TV for $500.  This TV can be used as a
monitor with 3840x2160 resolution.  As a TV it has no program material
that can match that resolution but as a computer monitor combined with
some of the best graphics card it can be used to see into the sole of
the computer and its software.

I look at this with interest but have not gotten my wallet out just yet
but am fascinated with the possibilities such a combination could provide.

Has anyone thought about this or even spent the money and had some real
world experience with this level of resolution and display?

Frank K0BRA