FW: Conspiracy Theories

William Fenn wfenn4 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 27 18:40:34 CDT 2015

Phil,

There is a Windows Nine, they just didn't name it Windows Nine.  I guess you
could say Windows 8.1 (Free replacement for Windows 8) could have been
Windows 9.

Bill

On 27 Jul 2015, at 21:19, Alberto di Bene wrote:

> You know, Micro$oft produces operating systems whose quality has a step of
two :

> Win 98SE    very good
> Win ME        awful
> Win XP         very good
> Win Vista     awful
> Win 7           very good
> Win 8           not really awful, but with an horrendous GUI
> Win 10        ??? let's hope that the trend continues...

...and if you're old enough, you'll remember that the same rule applied to
MS-DOS, as well as even earlier versions of Windows. As a friend of mine
used to say, "New from Microsoft! From the company that brought you
EDLIN...".

However, MS have blown the pattern by omitting Win 9. Another business model
ruined.

Phil M1GWZ