no more Collins filters

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 30 08:50:51 CDT 2015

  Collins states: "Our filters can achieve bandwidths from 0.05 to 5
percent."

Are there now better substitutes for analog signals or has the emphasis
shifted exclusively to digital? Is there no longer a place for analog?
It seems to me that something is always lost in transmutation to
digital. Sadly, once transmuted, never the twain shall meet.
The 'verse may be governed by rules of quantum physics but on my scale
and time frame it'll remain analog to me. Like Einstein, I find comfort
in that.

http://www.geneman.com/pubs/physics_fqxi3/the_analog_in_digital_out_universe.htm

Richard