no more Collins filters

Afshin Sadeghi afshin735 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 30 22:35:10 CDT 2015

Analog signal is there and will be the there for a long time. The question is Analog vs Digital signal processing (DSP)!

DSP has basically taken over the majority of the market user implementation base which is government and telecom.  On the hobbyist side, even ham radio is moving towards DSP processing and more and more we see that in our rigs.  I suspect if the ham radio market size was larger all rigs would be DSP by now.  Given that the analog signal processing market has shrunk exponentially and the cost MFG has gone up, I would say stock up on filters if you need them.  They will be a thing of the past soon!

BTW, there is a big difference between Matlab and firmware implementation!

Regards,
Michael A. Sadeghi,

Sent from iPhone