FCC-15-92A1 NOTICE OF PROPOSED RULEMAKING

Maitland Bottoms aa4hs at amrad.org
Fri Aug 14 17:52:51 CDT 2015

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2015/db0722/FCC-15-92A1.pdf

Internet comments include:
"the intent is clear that they want to put in place some software
 lockdown (most likely cryptographic key signing, but that isn't
 specified) on any devices that make use of software to restrict how
 the RF-device transmits (if the RF-device can transmit in ways not
 authorized by the FCC)"

How does this mesh with Amateur Radio?

Does it change our ability to provide emergency communications?

Does it hinder a ham's proven ability to contribute to the advancement of the radio art?

Will modification of surplus commercial equipment to re-deploy on
the ham bands become an impossible task?

Does this change our approach to build a software defined radio for LF experimenters?

What clarification do you seek in the FCC proposal?

Will you comment? Should AMRAD comment? Will the ARRL comment?

73 de aa4hs,
-Maitland