reasons to hold off on Windows.

Richard Demaret ric.demaret at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 12:09:41 CDT 2015

Hi Maitland and All,

Maitland, you wrote;

"Time for me to chime in on this thread....

Life is too short to run non-free software.

You have choice in OS: Linux, Hurd, FreeBSD, ReactOS, AltOS, ...

You have a choice in distributions: Debian/Ubuntu/derivatives...,
 TAILS, openSUSE, Arch, Gentoo, Pentoo, kali...,
 Red Hat, CentOS, Scientific Linux....,
 Android/CyanogenMod/Replicant
 OpenWrt, OpenEmbedded/Yocto, Angstrom,...

It turns out there are reasons for the multitude of choices,
some technical, most social, driven by optimizing for a variety
of specialized uses.

I, of course, suggest you use Debian - The Universal Operating System,
for all your general-purpose computing needs."

*Maybe, you could tell us more about these different Operating Systems and
Distributions.  *

It would be interesting to lean about their different uses.

Best Wishes
Richard KI4KXJ