Cooper Phone Lines Vs Fiber Optic & My Experience With Verizon

Rob Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Tue Sep 29 21:14:15 CDT 2015

w3qx at hatfield.com writes:

> Is DSL absolutely not safe if done over POTS, whether telco modem is at a node
> or (DSLAM) in the local office?

Not sure from your question if we're talking about "safe" as in
vulnerability to power outage or as in vulnerability to interception.

The voice on DSL is POTS voice in the baseband.  It still works even
if the DSL modem or DSLAM isn't working...  however, it's vulnerable
to the same interception characteristics as any other POTS line.

-r