current state of the rtl-sdr (plug and chug) art...

Martin dcmk1mr2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 23:23:50 CDT 2015

Wrapping the dongle in aluminum or copper tape for shielding is popular.
There are newer RTL-SDRs that are packaged in a metal box with a TXCO for
another $20-30.

For the noisy urban environment:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/B1602-SAW-filters-Epcos-1090MHz-ADS-B-AirNav-SBS-/110619017914?hash=item19c16842ba

http://ava.upuaut.net/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=85

My rig was a collinear antenna in the attic with the preamp and saw filter
at the antenna and really long usb extender to the shack.

http://www.amrad.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/wideareamap.png