Articles About Verizon's Copper Phone Lines & Verizon's Unwillingness To Maintain Them

Louis Mamakos louie at transsys.com
Mon Oct 5 23:03:03 CDT 2015

It would be interesting and fun to have the FCC allow Verizon to phase
out their copper wire networks in some markets, but force them to
unbundle the fiber loops to competitors.  That’s one reason they are
anxious to migrate you off the wire loops; no one else can offer service
(like DSL) over their facilities.

Perhaps the FCC should also exempt Verizon from taking any USF money if
they’re not going to offer universal service any longer..

Live by the tariff, die by the tariff..

louie
wa3ymh