Microwave surplus auction

Iain McFadyen ki4hlv at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 21:38:35 CDT 2015

The biggest problem with these radios is the inter-facility link cable. We
have hundreds of Nera radios in service here and frankly, the IDU and ODU
are both rock solid.

Ignore the 11.405GHz label. That is just to help the technician understand
the RF channel used by the ODU at the top of the tower connected to that
IDU with the label. The IF going up the IFL cable is all fixed in the same
band.

We are also removing and scrapping a whole heap of long-haul NERA radios
here. 4, 5 7, 11, and 13 GHz RF allocations. I am trying to put some time
aside to investigate if there is anything of merit for the budding Amateur
Radio enthusiast in any of these units? Probably too broadband for EME use.
These long-haul radios have the RF units in the shelter, and elliptical
waveguide to reach the tower.

Iain