LF/MF receivers, especially SoftRocks

Terry Fox tfox at knology.net
Fri Oct 16 22:30:38 CDT 2015

Does anyone here have a SoftRock (preferably a current production model) set
up to operate on LF or MF?  Or other equipment useful on LF or MF?

AMRAD is collecting information on LF and MF equipment for use on the
potential 136kHz and 474kHz bands.  The SoftRock series is a popular and
inexpensive line of SDR hardware, and could be used on these bands - either
stock, such as the Ensemble II receiver, or modified.  I have many SoftRocks
of various vintages, but not one set up for LF/MF.

I would like to add information about using SoftRocks on LF/MF, but am
currently working on other areas.  So, if someone has a SoftRock working on
LF or MF, I would like to know information about it, such as frequency of
operation, sensitivity, bandwidth, SDR software, successes, etc.  I would
like to put this in the expanding "Current LF..." section of the AMRAD
website, along with attribution to the originator of the information.

You can respond directly to n4tlf at wb4jfi dot com, or here, as I'm sure
some other tacoistas might be interested.
73, Terry, N4TLF