Staff quality at Radio Shack

Terry N4TLF n4tlf at wb4jfi.com
Wed Nov 4 16:42:32 CST 2015

Yeah Martin, that too!  I forgot all about the quad balloon deflating!  I was in charge of the repair shop when that happened I think.

I still have my LR-1500T receiver, and Rectilinear Mini-3 speakers (and two Garrard 90 turntables) from when I sold stereos in the little noisy room.  I got the Rectilinears because I hated the mushy bass coming from Advent and other bookshelf speakers.

I still remember some part numbers even these years later, such as a 1/8 inch stereo mini plug being 99-62101.  Were you there before they added the last digit as a checksum?  When that came out, we had a great time manually calculating the last digit!  And oh, those OCR receipts!  My years in drafting (lettering) paid off when that happened!
Terry (LRE store #22, employee #9 or 19?)