the story of Standard Temperature

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Mon Nov 9 08:24:05 CST 2015

"The job facing Packard when they undertook manufacture of the Merlin was daunting to say the least. It’s bad enough having to build a complex product like the Merlin but exacerbating the situation was the fact no tool maker in the U.S. made Whitworth taps or dies. Therefore, Packard were forced into making their own. Although this created a significant hurdle to overcome, the effort was well worth it, Packard and Rolls-Royce components were interchangeable."

Well, you only had to ask - we'd have lent you some. And a spanner.

Phil M1GWZ