the story of Standard Temperature

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 9 08:33:37 CST 2015

On 11/9/2015 12:44 AM, Alex Fraser wrote:
> On an email list once a guy asked "what is a  Whitworth?",  Some wag
> answered "two half wits".  That pun has infected my brain for years...

  On a morning report of overnight activities someone, I ain't saying
who, once wrote, "Does anyone know what happened to our Henway?"

When the chief of operations read it he asked the day supervisor,
"What's a Henway?" Of course the immediate reply was, "/about two pounds/".
Another gotcha from the night crew. :-)