Red Pitaya SDR update

Martin dcmk1mr2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 12:35:19 CST 2015

Thanks to Pavel Demin, the Red Pitaya now has a couple of SD card images to
support a wide array of interesting and useful software.

There's a dual receiver single transmitter
<http://pavel-demin.github.io/red-pitaya-notes/sdr-transceiver-hpsdr/>
configuration
that acts like a HPSDR network interface with dual receivers and a
transmitter.  This opens up the possibility of using PowerSDR, Quisk, an
Android app or other software.  It seems like diversity reception works in
PowerSDR.

I'd like help design and build the rest of the stuff it takes to turn the
RP into a robust, portable transceiver.  I've never done this before and
hope there's others on this list who would be interested in joining me.  We
have some great resources in the club although I know everyone is time
constrained.  I'm willing to commit significant time and effort to the
project.

I realize there's time sensitive work going on in the AMRAD Low Frequency
world. That said, I'd like to propose this as a AMRAD project to follow on
the Charleston receiver as time permits.  As most of the digital heavy
lifting has been done it's mostly a matter of building the analog
transmit/receive chain and ancillary stuff.

Terry N4TLF has done testing on the RP LF performance and found it too
noisy to be useful but perhaps there's a fix.

The Red Pitaya <http://store.redpitaya.com/red-pitaya-board.html> is now
$238 so an affordable, complete HF SDR transceiver should be possible.

This could be a great project for the club that hopefully attracts interest
and new members.

So - anyone else in?  What do you think?

73 Martin W6MRR.