900 MHz FM Channels in VA/DC area?

Walter Miller, AJ6T aj6t at comcast.net
Thu Nov 12 12:16:42 CST 2015

AMRAD de AJ6T

I am a new AMRAD member, and some of you may recall meeting me at the
October meeting.  I will be traveling back and forth between California
and Virginia quite a bit over the next year, and I hope to attend as
many AMRAD meetings as I can.

I have a question for the group regarding 900 MHz FM channel use in the
DC area.  I recently purchased a Kenwood TK-981 commercial FM
transceiver that I plan to reprogram for use in the SF Bay Area as well
as the metro DC area.  Channel usage on that band is very specific per
local conventions, and I would appreciate any suggestions from the AMRAD
group as to what frequencies (simplex, repeater, PL, etc.) are used in
the DC area.

Thanks and 73,
Walt, AJ6T