Win 10 Update Problem?

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 14 10:54:04 CST 2015

  Found this post about Win 10 which might be of interest to those who
upgraded to this so called free software from a 'for profit' corporation.

"Just received the November update on my Win 10 PC.  (It is a rolling
update due to its 3GB size.)

It is known as Windows 1511 update or *10586*.3 update.  <-- in the
"Run" windows, type in "winver", it will show your current version
(e.g., 10240)

Got stuck at 40% (some reported 42 or 44%) and has to hard-reset to
reboot the PC to recover.

The problem is wide spread and is related to SD card is inserted in the
PC,  <-- low end "free Win 10 Home" PC has the 2GB RAM and 32GB eMMC
memory as the upper bound thus many use an add-on micro SD card t
augment (as D: drive)

  Until the problem is fixed, the quick solution is to remove the
(micro-)SD card first before the update.  AFter the update is
successful, re-insert the SD card back.

  Oh, yeah, the WIn 10 "enhancement" stripped away some old freedom we
can play with the PC (e.g., 3rd party software applications.)

It is a new approach on a how MS want to establish a relationship with
Windows users."