Windows turns 30: a look at the operating system through the ages | Technology | The Guardian

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 21 13:25:15 CST 2015

On 11/21/2015 1:26 PM, Alex Fraser wrote:
> I often wonder what would be the reaction of those long ago humans if
> you could magically  drop a laptop on the bar with a magic connection
> to the future internet?

   Drop a laptop on a 50's bar amid a bunch of half inebriated dudes and
bar flies? I suspect the result would be curiosity followed by
wonderment plus the usual questions about what can it do? Most wouldn't
have a clue about its potential.

Famous quotes by people who can't see very far down the road.

The airplane: "It'll never fly."

The computer: "Just a passing geek fad."

Etc.