I need a few good old laptop PCs that have Parallel Ports

Terry McCarty 3t3 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 2 09:53:39 CST 2015

Hello -

Recently I "cracked the code" on how to debrick the Linksys WRT54G
BroadBand HamNet (BBHN) routers using an IEEE 1149.1 Boundary Scan
(JTAG) process.  :-)

:-( The "problem is" this process requires connecting to the WRT54G
router via a special parallel port cable - modern laptop computers don't
have parallel ports any more - they only have USB ports.

I have looked at the JTAG IEEE protocol - This debricking process
requires an "antique" PC that has a real parallel port (not a serial to
parallel converter).

Therefore, I am in the market for a few old laptops, if they also have
the old fashioned parallel ports on them.

I have looked around the area (Susie's place in Woodbridge, Micro
Center, and other "computer places") and have not found any.

If you have two or three suitable old laptops, or know of someone who
does, please let me know - maybe we can "make a deal". :-)

--
     Terry McCarty
    3t3 at comcast.net
        wa5nti