Off topic: New FM broadcast station in Arlington: Open House this afternoon!

Iain McFadyen ki4hlv at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 13:27:17 CST 2015

Copied from another list:

Details of the launch are in the original email below. Open House details
at wera.fm

WERA-LP Arlington VA tested our transmitter yesterday morning and sent
QSLs to the thrilled two listeners.

Sandwiched at 96.7 between HD sidebands of adjacent stations, emitting a
flamethrowing 20W ERP, the station launches for real this evening at 6
with a party and singalong.

We hope to offer alternatives to the usual D.C. radio bleh, some humor
and silliness, and music mixes familiar and peculiar. Ultimately the
content will depend on the ingenuity and commitment of community members.

Yours truly may be heard doing interviews and spinning tunes for half an
hour or so between 6 and 8 tonight. The station's website is up at wera.fm.

Please tune in and let us know how copy. Our E-mail address is
wera at arlingtonmedia.org.

Benn Kobb AK4AV