Revised version of Armradio

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Tue Dec 8 16:03:00 CST 2015

A couple of months ago, or so, I distributed on Internet my project Armradio, complete with the source code.

A few local OMs replicated it, and told me that there were some alias responses. After having received more than
one of those reports, and from knowledgeable people, I decided to investigate, and, sure enough, I found
a very stupid error on my side. Practically I had misinterpreted the specifications on the data sheet of the
ARM chip regarding how the DMA controller of the two ADCs that I have used presents its output to the program
asking for it.

I had simply inverted the order of the 12-bit data that each ADC sends back...

After having corrected this, those who were complaining assured me that now everything is working as it should.

I have also added a small preamplifier, just a tad above 10 dB, given that those ADCs are far from being stellar.
The PDF file has been amended, adding its schematic.

You can find the amended version, with a few more presets of European LF stations added, at this URL.

http://www.weaksignals.com

When you are there, simply click on the word "ARM RADIO" on the column on the left side.

Please report me if you find more misbehaving, thanks.

73  Alberto  I2PHD