windoze 10

lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Sun Dec 27 17:59:07 CST 2015

I signed on very early as I had just built 2 new I7 boxes for SDR and needed a free OS.  Both have been thru all of the updates with no problems. I have had problems with Google not opening a new window unless another was already open, but that seems to go away each update.  So far...Free is Google.   N0UU

---- Richard O'Neill <richardoneill at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 12/27/2015 6:07 PM, Joseph Bento wrote:
> Personally, this is turning out to be the very worst version release
> Microsoft has ever had.

  And Lord only knows what other Nasty Big Brother intrusions may be
lurking within. So far the bulk of the reports I've read about Win 10
are mostly negative with a few neutral or no problems experienced - yet.

I've had Win 7 for a couple of years or more with no problems except
that pesky Win 10 update reminder that kept appearing on my screen every
few minutes, bugging me to download Win 10. To get rid of it I had to
switch to manual update checks and delete KB3035583 from my system.

  Since doing that Microsoft hasn't offered me any other update except
the reminder notice and Win 10. I'm beginning to wonder if they've
discontinued Win 7 support for holdouts in an attempt to encourage an
upgrade? That will never happen with me as my mother cautioned me not to
accept candy from strangers or free software upgrades from Microsoft. ;-)

Still Skeptical