Falcon 9 First Stage Landing

Michael O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Mon Dec 28 11:40:48 CST 2015

Poo! It can’t be all *that* hard.

The spaceships on “Rocky Jones, Space Ranger” were doing the vertical
takeoff and landing on the tail fins in the late 50s!

I never understood why they needed a big substation full of transformers that made the
urt-urt-urt-urt… noise of increasing frequency to do the launch sequence,
but hey, what did I know from rocket science back then?

They even had the Romulan cloaking device! It was called “Cold Light”.
The explanation given was that “hot light” like a mirage can make you
see things that aren’t there, so “cold light” can make you not see things
that are there!  They’d turn on the “cold light” device and the ship
would get all invisible. Pretty cool trick!

Pretty cool for the late 50s!

	-mo