PC board milling?

Martin dcmk1mr2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 00:30:08 CST 2015

I had access to a Taig mini mill fully tricked out with nice steppers,
electronics, software, etc.  I forget which software had it but some
include the notion of registration holes that get milled first and are used
to accurately align the PCB so that both sides match up.  I did get usable
SMD and through hole PCBs.  I tried a lot of engraving mills and end mills
but eventually gave up.  There was a lot if set up time and poor yields.
Maybe If I did more it would have gotten faster and more reliable.

If I had the dollars to burn I'd look into one of these:
https://othermachine.co/othermill/tech-specs/  I believe there some write
up about their design and how they hold their accuracy.

Until then OSH Park https://oshpark.com/ has 12 day turnaround, $15/square
inch for 3 each two layer boards.

73 Martin W6MRR