PC board milling?

William Danielson anviljenkins at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 10:37:40 CST 2015

My background is as a machinist....dipping my toes into the electronics.

Non ball type screws have backlash but IMHO for milling PCB you could
just work them against a Nitrogen gas spring like holds the hood and
rear door open on a lot of vehicles...keep the screws lubed up and you
should be good to go.

The cutting forces on a PCB are not anything like milling a part from
plastic or steel or aluminum where the cutting force tries to bend the
cutter and pull the work into the tool, etc.

I have not tried the toner transfer process yet but it will be my first
try, played a little with a Eagle to try to design a PCB and I'm not far
enough on the learning curve to actually design anything yet :-).

The LowFER breadboard link somebody posted in another post might be a
cool Arduino Shield project :-).

http://lowfer.us/k0lr/proto/LFproto.htm#Solderless%20LowFER%20Transmitter

Bill