parts request

Michael Chisena ka2zev at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 11:37:02 CST 2016

Hi all,
It's been a while.
The move to Virginia Beach was successful.

Working on an old project.
Have a very old ham radio brick amplifier, made before the FCC thought they shuld be illegal.

Anyhow, I need a set of finals for the thing.
One is working the other has found it's way into leakage domaine. Gain and power were way off the advertised 100 watts.

I don't expect anybody to have a "new in box"  spare set of TRW's hidden in  a desk drawer.

The markings are...

TRW
PT9841
7622

Was hoping to find something like a set of MRF 450A or MRF454A's.

The A is critical, the TRW's are stud mounts.

I don't want to rework the board for new height and openings for a flange mount system.
A lot of drilling and taping would take more time than I want to invest into the project.

I can find new transistors but not matched pairs on ebay but that is a large chunk of money.

Same thing with the usual parts vendors, they want to paid full freight.

Share a thought as time permits.

Mike KA2ZEV
now in Virginia Beach

Michael F. Chisena

KA2ZEV at Yahoo.com

"You are, what you do, when it counts" The Masso