Path Loss 101

w3hwn at comcast.net w3hwn at comcast.net
Thu Mar 17 14:20:09 CDT 2016

Some years ago, the Standard Oil Company operated gas stations under the ESSO (now Exxon) label.
They decided they would form the avant garde in moving the U.S. toward the metric system, and modded
all their gas pumps to read in liters. (Note spelling.)

The almost universal reaction of the American public was: "What the *#@$# is a "liter"?

The pumps were quickly converted back to gallons--U.S., not Imperial--and have remained so ever since. :-)

Dick