Simple RF circuit board design

James Wolf jbwolf at comcast.net
Thu Mar 24 22:24:04 CDT 2016

This was far too simplified, and would likely get someone in trouble if they take statements at face value without understanding the deeper reasons why or why not.

Using four layers (or more) is only required when necessary, such as having components on both sides of the board, but in other cases it is necessary just to keep crosstalk from traces low.

50 ohms everywhere?   A brash statement that one wishes were always the case, but not always practical.

In today’s world, depending on the application, you need to think of digital layout the same as RF.

Good observations Martin.  There is no black magic involved.

Jim – KR9U