FW: Citizens' broadband systems

Martin dcmk1mr2 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 20:09:26 CDT 2016

The ham 9 cm band is 3300 - 3500 MHz and the new "innovation" band is 3550
- 3700 MHz but Mark is right - we should be using 9 cm.  It's relatively
cheap and easy to get Ubiquiti gear that covers that band.  It's sold by US
distributors for use in Europe but upon showing your license some dealers
will sell to you.

On a related note the FCC rules change on router software means that new
gear won't be able to access the 2.4 and 5.7 GHz ham bands like is
currently done with reflashed Ubiquiti routers using AREDN software.

Time to start rolling our own microwave gear.