Correction: Priogramming a Kenwood TK-230 radio, not a TK-23

RICHARD BARTH w3hwn at comcast.net
Wed Jun 1 16:40:00 CDT 2016

I wrote this earlier but got the model number wrong. Maybe I'll better luck now that I've gor it right.

My son Kevin, K3BAR, picked up one of these beasts at Dayton, and plans to use it in connection with the CERT

activities he talked about at a recent AMRAD meeting. From his research, he finds it is not keypad programmable;

it needs either a stand-alone programmer (model KPT-20) or a compatible cable.

If anyone has either a programmer or a cable he'd be willing to lend for a few days, please contact me.

Thanks, and 73.

Dick