aircraft networking

kf4hcw kf4hcw at lifeatwarp9.com
Mon Jul 25 09:12:53 CDT 2016

On 07/24/2016 10:33 PM, Terry McCarty - WA5NTI wrote:
> Pete -
>
> How much voltage and current does a drone require to maintain a
> 'steady state' altitude of 300 ft ?

I'm not up on drones in detail, but the little work I have done is that
they have an endurance problem limiting them to something ranging from
10-20 minutes typically... and that's without much of a load. If you
were to add to that the extra draw from a router or the extra weight of
it's battery then endurance would go down from there --- If, as
suggested, you flew a wire for power or for an antenna then you'd have
an even worse problem.

You might do better to use a drone to hang a payload from a fixed high
object and retrieve it later.

_M

--
kf4hcw