Certain Windows 10 drivers may soon stop working

lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Mon Aug 1 10:52:02 CDT 2016

About as bad:  I have a Win10 system upgraded from Win7 that I only use at a remote site for occasional operation there.  I do have a Internet link, but completely isolate and shut it down when not in use.  Last used in March.  Went up the other day and got the Blue Screen of Death:  Restore.......  Seems I missed the timely notice to upgrade and it killed the system.  I've gone thru every hint of a Google search and nothing works.  Joke is that the Win7 box up there just hums along.

Is it too late for a 77 yr old to learn Linux!  Maybe time for all Ham designers to switch OS?

N0UU

---- Richard O'Neill <richardoneill at earthlink.net> wrote:
>   See, I warned you not all was kosher with Micro's 'got ya by the short
hairs' freebie software!!! There's no telling what other surprises may
be lurking in Win 10.

  https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/windows_hardware_certification/2016/07/26/driver-signing-changes-in-windows-10-version-1607/