Solder

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Mon Sep 19 19:11:48 CDT 2016

No offence taken. We must just sodjer on.

I forget who was responsible for the tirade at the Royal Society of Chemistry after the decision was made to adopt "aluminum" instead of "aluminium". "And what is to come next? Titanum? Potassum? Sod 'em?" And don't get me started on why IUPAC refused to name an element after Frederick Soddy - after all, we already had "soddium".

Two nations separated by a common language. And a couple of thousand miles of water. And, if President Trump has his way, a twelve-foot-high wall (don't think he'll stop at Mexico).

Phil M1GWZ