EMP fun

Nan and Sandy Sanders radiodog77 at pobox.com
Fri Oct 21 13:58:37 CDT 2016

Not as bad as it looks. Looks like fair peak
power, low duty cycle so low average power. I
once spent several seconds in a radar beam with
several megawatts peak power and an average power
in the low Kilowatt range. I drew arcs to any
thing I touched. My head buzzed at the prf of the
radar (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_auditory_effect
). The HT we were using was fried. The RF field
meter read right at 10mW/cm² . I was helping with
a RF radiation hazard survey. The standard was
10mW/cm²  for 30 min but neither one of us wanted
to test it and we almost had a fight over who
went through the hatch and down the ladder first.
      Sandy
     WB5MMB