fire in a vacuum ?

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 26 16:19:27 CST 2017

On 1/26/2017 4:34 PM, Alex Fraser wrote:
> That was great!

  It was indeed. I've long believed that gunpowder would burn in vacuum.
Of course that experiment was conducted under special circumstances. I
have no doubt that gunpowder will ignite and burn when the products of
combustion are confined sufficiently to maintain a self sustaining
reaction. I'm quite sure firearms will function in the vacuum of space.

  Hmmm ..., as in science fiction stories, I wonder if future planetary
explorers will include firearms in their kits? I know I would! 8-)

Anon