FW: (WWI) WA5NTI

William Fenn wfenn4 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 1 06:54:00 CST 2017

From: Mark Rinehart [mailto:mrinehart at cox.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 5:03 AM
To: William Fenn <wfenn4 at verizon.net>; George Lemaster <lemaster at verizon.net>; Wayne Phillips <w99phi at gmail.com>
Subject: Fwd: (WWI) WA5NTI

FYI

-M. Rinehart

via iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Carl Henson <wb4znh at gmail.com <mailto:wb4znh at gmail.com> >
Date: January 31, 2017 at 9:29:01 PM EST
To: wwi-reflector <wwi-reflector at googlegroups.com <mailto:wwi-reflector at googlegroups.com> >
Subject: (WWI) WA5NTI

Terry update:

As most of you know.  Terry was hospitalized a week ago with pneumonia and blood clots.  At the time I arrived at the hospital, Terry was lethargic and tired, but going home.  His caregiver (Carlito de Guzman) had a handful of prescriptions to be filled.  I took the prescriptions to Terry's pharmacy and got 3 of them filled.  The fourth one couldn't be filled because it was to start after one of the first three had been exhausted.  I took the medicine to Terry's house and he looked rough.

Today, I had the fourth prescription filled and took it to Terry's house, along with a wall wart Jay Aldridge had sent Terry.  I was amazed.  Terry was more alert and animated that I had ever seen him since the stroke.  He still suffers from aphasia, but is slowly getting back.  He still has a long way to go.

I saw Terry stand up by himself and take one step so he could reach his cane!  Once he reached the handrail, he carried the cane and walked fairly normally up his little ramp.  Terry still has little use of his right arm, he has to move it with his left hand.  He was able to move his right thumb more than I had seen him move it before.

Please go visit him if you can.  He was disappointed that I couldn't remain very long tonight.  I think he needs visitors different than Carlito.

73 Carl

--

James 2:14

--