"Hacking" the Dallas tornado siren network...

Maitland Bottoms aa4hs at amrad.org
Tue Apr 11 20:46:15 CDT 2017

My theory is that somebody at a NOAA Weather Radio station
was watching the TV show Emergency! and the audio leaked
into the transmitted audio. That would be Quik Call.

In Iowa I was in a town when they activated the "voice of god"
mode to give a message about shelters open. The announcement
seemed to be proceeded and followed by clipped DTMF tones.
I was wondering if they had a * up, # down DTMF PTT.

Cool hardware for that sort of thing.
http://www.proacousticsusa.com/imlcorp-soundcommander-sc-360-fixed-mass-notification-system.html

I happen to think that a "Noon Whistle" is pretty nice.
Maybe because I haven't lived next to one.

At least I enjoyed this EAS talk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdmkTkWB40Q

-Maitland