developing with Texas Instruments ez430-RF2500 development kit

Samudra Haque samudra.haque at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 07:22:48 CDT 2017

Hi Taco list members.

I've purchased a TI ez430-RF2500 development kit
(http://www.ti.com/tool/ez430-rf2500 )which works out of the box with a
sample sensor application in Windows 10 (once the sensor application
gets to the serial port; for that you have to grant administrator
privileges). All is well there. There are three pieces of hardware, a
USB dongle, with a pass through connector to a RF-2500T target module,
and a standalone RF-2500T target module that acts as a remote node when
it powers up with a battery. The USB dongle is treated as a Flash
Emulation Tool (FET) it seems.

I'm very much used to Netburner hardware products, and the NB dev kits
have a USB connection which appears as a serial port, and you can use
hyperterminal to talk to the board and get access to its boot
loader/menu and using the NB integrated development environment -- flash
it directly after you build a connection.

In the Texas Instruments world - what is the process to download a
freshly compiled application?

I can't seem to find a good 1 page tutorial on this! Help! I am using
the Code Computer Studio, a good product, free, but how do I move from
compiling the binary code to flashing it directly into the USB FET ?
Well, perhaps I have to use an external flasher -- in that case, could
anyone provide me a cheat sheet on the steps required? I'm browsing the
documentation on TI.com, but haven't found such a basic document that
describes ez430 environment.

Simple, it must be, no?

73 de N3RDX