no - big brother IS watching you

Samudra Haque samudra.haque at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 08:20:56 EDT 2017

I was an early early adopter of Mikrotik routeros, (www.mt.lv, or
www.mikrotik.com - good stuff) when they were established in 1996, and
did many projects since 1997. I always wondered what the CALEA module
was, but did not pay attention to it, nor did I order the feature.

Well now I know. Chilling.

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/CALEA. They can't be the only one having
this requirement -- do mfrs such as Cisco and others ... tell their
customers about features to "intercept and log network traffic" ? What
are the industry practices in this field?

I think small router companies are great for what they do, so they are
not to blame for the situation we have at present.

73 de X

---
http://www.avg.com