Text-book on Wireless Telegraphy

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 22 14:03:25 EDT 2017

    Text-book on Wireless Telegraphy
    <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SparkGapCollectors/conversations/topics/349;_ylc=X3oDMTJxNGNmdmtsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzg3MDIyNDQxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTU3Nzg5OQRtc2dJZAMzNDkEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWUDMTUwODY0MDIzMA-->

        Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:34 am (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Larry Dighera" ldighera
      <mailto:LDighera at att.net?subject=Re%3A%20Text-book%20on%20Wireless%20Telegraphy>

I've just read "Text-book on Wireless Telegraphy" available to download
here:  https://books.google.com/books?id=2a86AQAAMAAJ

This book was used by the Navy to train radio operators in 1914 and
thoroughly documents the state of the art in electromagnetic physics and
Marconi spark equipment.
I found it fascinating to journey back to the dawn of radio and see the
rudimentary science known at that time. The Marconi equipment is
thoroughly described including design theory, schematic circuit diagrams
and proper operation and connection. I also located Navy documents that
provides a detailed history of Navy wireless operations from its inception.

http://www.virhistory.com/navy/commsta/todd-sfo-01.pdf

http://www.virhistory.com/navy/commsta/mare-island.htm and

http://www.virhistory.com/navy/commsta/todd-sandiego-01.pdf .

This little voyage into the past gave me a considerably better
understanding of just what can be done with a 5KW spark station and
crystal receiver.