Net neutrality

kf4hcw kf4hcw at lifeatwarp9.com
Wed Nov 29 17:48:40 EST 2017

On 11/29/2017 05:15 PM, Joe Leikhim wrote:
> I think it has a lot to do with amateur radio

I know my opinion is weird but... I find the thought of a bot-net
swarming a polling site similar to navigating a pile-up and/or dealing
with heavy QRM, and in an abstract way, how a cognitive receiver might
reject the unwanted signals based on some rapidly learned (non-directed
learning) characteristics.

... that and in general, how to maintain signal integrity in the face of
intentional or unintentional interference. If you only have a tiny piece
of the "truth" how do you accurately extract it from that unreasonably
noisy channel.

... then there's the part where this particular political fight and how
it is handled speaks volumes about how spectrum and communications
mechanisms might be handled -- certainly relevant; especially in light
of DMCA and W3C's adoption of a DRM standard in browsers --- if the two
are connected then what new restrictions might arise from this
environment regarding modulation techniques and the use of spectrum
where some commercial interests may wish to lay claim to those by
claiming infringement or unlawful reverse engineering...

...it's the kind of thing that, after it keeps you awake, causes you to
keep your ARRL membership up to date so that somebody is out there
"fighting for our side."

_M

--
kf4hcw